By the grace of God, I have had the honor of serving churches in TX and LA for over twenty years in Worship Ministry, Education Ministry, Christian Counseling, the Pastorate, and denominational service. As the Associate Executive Director of the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention (SBTC) I have the great privilege of serving churches and church leaders across the Lone Star State and working with SBTC staff to implement systems and strategies for effective Great Commission advance. The SBTC (www.sbtexas.com) is a confessional fellowship of Biblically-based, Missionally-driven, Kingdom-focused churches who partner together through the Cooperative Program to reach Texas and impact the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Vanessa and I were married in April of 2001 and we have two amazing sons, Ethan and Aaron. Both sets of our parents are in the ministry and have been since we were children. Together, we live our lives on mission for God’s glory. We love to fish, golf, watch movies, and cheer on our LSU Tigers every football season.
All in all, I am just a real person with real problems learning every day how to know Jesus more and to make Him known. Because the church is God’s only plan for worldwide gospel propagation, my heart beats for local church leaders. It is my prayer that the writings of this blog as well as my published works will encourage both you and me toward a deeper relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as we evaluate all things from a biblical perspective and as we cooperate together to take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth.
Grace and Peace,
- PhD – Evangelism (in progress), Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Doctor of Educational Ministry – Leadership, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Religion – Pastoral Counseling, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Music – Music Education, Lamar University
- While In Crete: A Biblical Agenda for Interim Pastors
- Be Encouraged: For Pastors and Wives
- Going Social: Ancient Wisdom For Contemporary Relationships
- Mile Markers: Stages of Growth Along the Journey Toward Spiritual Maturity
- 7 Things You Must Do to Be an Effective Small Group Leader
- A Deacon On Purpose: Four Biblical Essentials
- Pastor Search Committee Handbook