What would it take to start a new national convention?
What we need:
- A statement of faith narrow enough to lay down primary doctrines but broad enough to allow for secondary graces.
- A lock-tight, voluntary giving mechanism by which churches can pool their resources to fund missionaries, train the next generation of leaders, plant new churches, and strengthen existing churches.
- A streamlined administrative structure of mission-minded professionals with appropriate checks and balances.
- Buy-in from tens of thousands of locally autonomous congregations to maximize our Great Commission impact.
- Fully accredited training institutions strategically located across the country whose professors will agree to adhere to our basic doctrines while developing and facilitating academically rigorous degree programs in all areas of ministry.
- A voice in the public square to advocate for biblical truth.
- A regular, recurring gathering in which representatives from each participating congregation can speak into processes, structures, theological issues, and personnel.
- A spirit of cooperation.
- A desperate dependence on the Holy Spirit’s presence and power.
On second thought… maybe we already have what we’re looking for. Except those last two will be entirely up to me and you.
Grace and Peace,